About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Keep Tri-ing, Never give up...

There is this song from the show Yo Gabba Gabba, and I think it is called "Keep Trying" - and well Jonah always sings it to me or Jocelyn when we are trying to do something and having a hard time - so then we started singing it back to Jonah & Vera when they tried something and didn't always get it right the first time (for a video of the song see here).

So here is the deal... today is my last blog post for probably a really long time...

I had been sort of obsessing about my "year anniversary" of the blog which would be on April 1... and I was making all these plans to go to the biggest kaleidoscope in New York when we went up to NY for Easter... and a bunch of other craziness...

But then that universe... it has a way of speaking sometimes.  Sometimes you need to just say, "take that universe!" but then sometimes - I think it is good to listen to what it is telling you - or trying to tell you... (At least that is the way I am internalizing my mindfulness training right now - to stop trying to write the perfect ending to every story and just be with it all... and let it happen)

It goes like this... this past Friday, I lost my cell phone and my lap top was stolen from my car... yes both on the same day in a matter of hours.  I had backed up my cell phone to my computer a few months ago... but my computer hadn't been backed up since probably August... I know I know I know - totally stupid...

Lucky for me, most of the good pictures have already been posted to the blog since August - but you all know how much it sucks to not have your phone or your computer... and it makes the blogging thing kinda impossible... sorta

I will get a new phone and a computer tomorrow.

But I decided to stop blogging for a while.  It was an awesome experience.  I am so thankful I captured the almost year of Jonah & Vera for them.  I am excited they will get to see it one day and I am proud of myself for doing it.  I had a goal and a pretty much completed it.  I did skip the month of August.  I also started taking off holidays and weekends.  And now, I am ending two weeks early, but otherwise I did it - and that is cool.  I need a new goal right now - I am moving beyond the blog to something else... seasons change, years pass, and goals need to be renvisioned.

Wait for it...

Jocelyn and I are going to do a Triathlon...

Neither one of us have ever done it before.  I am totally scared of biking.  Jocelyn is not so excited about the swimming.  But we are going to do an Irongirl together.

It is on September 8 in Flinstone, MD.  (The Iron Girl Rocky Gap Triathalon)

Training has started.

As Jonah & Vera tell us and we tell them all the time - the key is to just keep

TRI-ING!

so that is what we are going to do.

We told the kids today and I showed them my bike helmet, goggles and sneakers.  They were very excited.


Wish us luck!

I plan on bringing my kaleidoscope with me during all of my training - because it always comes in handy...

For the next 6 months, Jocelyn and I will be hanging out at the gym and on the trails... if you see us please shout out some encouraging words! (We plan on bringing the kids with us whenever we can - you know because our lives aren't chaotic enough?!?!)

Go Team!

Sometimes you just gotta give it a TRI?!?!?!

Happy Monday!  Good luck kaleidoscoping your own bits of chaos!  And remember to TRI and have some fun out there!

Love,
Heather (the kaleidoscoping mommy)














1 comment:

  1. So sad to hear you won't be blogging anymore! I loved them all! Enjoy your new focus!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete