About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Super Heroes Snowquestered!

Snowquester arrived yesterday...

All schools closed...

Snow was big wet slushy flakes... nothing accumulated on the roads... what a Wednesday...

When I looked into my kaleidoscope, it flashed back brightly at me - GO TO THE GYM!!!!

So that's what we did... we were there at 9am... guess what is so seriously spectacular about my gym (that also happens to be fantastically expensive but worth every single penny)  they have childcare every day from 8am-2pm and then again from 4pm to 6pm!!!! Score!  I knew we were headed for a long day so we started it at Equinox in Bethesda! (I love my gym... did I mention it also has a steam room...)

Kids went to kids klub and were very excited about it.  I went to the saltwater pool (I was the only one there) and swam for 45 minutes... then went to the steam room and then took an amazing hot shower... best thing to do on a snow day.

After the gym we went for lunch at Bethesda Bagels - totally yummy and then came home.

We hung out and tried to make paper snowflakes (BIG FAIL!!!! - did I really think my 2yr old and 4yr old could cut with kiddie scissors paper snowflakes... NOT?!?!)  Then Vera took a nap...

Jonah and I hung out and did a snow making project we started a few days ago... more on that later...

Vera woke up, we had yummy snacks, we called Nana on the phone and then it happened...

The best things often happen this way... unplanned and spontaneous... me desperate for something to do for next three hours... I had a flash - Yesterday, Jonah went on his first actual planned play date directly from school.  He hung out with his buddy and his buddy's mom sent me a pic and a video of the two buddies acting out super hero fantasies for three hours in super hero costumes!  It was totally awesome... so I looked at Jonah & Vera and asked them, "you guys want to be spidey today!?"  I was met with a resounding YES!!!

I got the Halloween costume bag... they got dressed... and in the bag I found a package of face paints that I hadn't used... SUPER SCORE... sometimes the universe throws you a bone...

I painted their faces.  Jonah was super spidey... Vera was, by her own announcement - a spider princess super hero! We played and played and played.  I hid the baby dolls and they went and "saved the day" and rescued them - over and over again... and then Jonah  & Vera decided that they should have a superhero dinner party with the babies... fantastic I tell you.

Around 6pm we adjourned to the kitchen for our own dinner party and Mama surprised us by coming home early. 

Everyone had dinner, behaved, took baths, got ready for bed without incident... and then Jonah fell asleep on the couch watching Curious George and Vera asked to go to bed... BEST. SNOW. DAY. EVER!

Happy Thursday!


















No comments:

Post a Comment