About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Friday, December 21, 2012

A Foreshadowing Friday!

The Mayans said that today was the last day of the world or civilization or something like that...

Apparently, one is still able to blog on said last day... which probably means it is not the last day...

Today also happens to be the first day of winter - I think (it is sometimes the 20th and sometimes the 21st)

Today is also a Friday!  And that means it is Shabbot!

I am also posting very late in the day today - which means I really really need Shabbot this week!

On this cold and dark (I think it is also the shortest day of the year...), I am going to shed some sunny light - of the Vera kind!

Vera is total and complete awesome sunshine!  I love my Vera!

About two weeks ago, Vera and I attended an "open house" for Kidville University's Winter PrePreschool program.  I had received an email about it and it was during Jonah's school time so I figured we'd check it out.  I also convinced one of my buddies to go as well - so Vera and I got to hang with our buddies.

It was great!  Vera was enthralled, happy, silly, excited, fabulous, giddy, and did I mention HAPPY!

Kidville is in downtown Bethesda. It is a very nice kid play space.  they offer cool classes, have a little shop and give haircuts!  Jonah got his haircut there this past fall. 

Vera's class was in an adorable classroom with tons of stuff to do:  books, dress up corner, puzzles, dolls, cool play dough stuff, music etc.  The class is Mondays and Wednesday from 9:30 to 11:30 which is perfect because it is right in between Jonah's class time.  They give them a healthy snack and the kids get to go to the super cool gym for 30 minutes of gym play.  The class is called a transition class and it is only for 22-24 mos old and runs from Jan to the end of March for 3 mos.  The goal is to be able to leave your children alone for the whole time by the end of the class.  My guess is that I will leave Vera alone in class the first class... During the open house, she barely noticed I was there?!?!  She was way too busy snuggling up to all the teachers, making new friends and PLAYING WITHOUT HER BROTHER PULLING TOYS AWAY FROM HER!!!!!

Once every 25 minutes she would circle over to me and say, "Mommy, I love you" and then give me a hug!  How fantastic is that?

I signed up on the spot!

Then my friend and I went to the Barnes & Nobel to hang for a bit - and she helped me decide that I am going to sign up for the gym in Bethesda too! 

Here is my Monday and Wednesday plan for 2013:

Put kids in car at 9:00am
Drop Jonah off in car pool lane at 9:10
Drive fast to Bethesda, park and drop Vera off at her school as close to 9:30 as possible
Go to fancy gym from 9:45 until 11:15
Pick up Vera at 11:30, put her in car
Drive back to Jonah's school and sit in carpool lane
Pick up Jonah at 12:15
Return home for lunch with kids, usually done by 1:15...

After that - it's a free for all - but the those 90 minutes of gym time - those are precious...

For me those 90 minutes are a road sign to the pit stop on the journey of raising two kids 22 months apart...

It's been a long time... last time I got my shit together and started going to the gym... three weeks into it I got hit with cancer... this time I am hoping I just get into super shape!

We are ready for 2013 over here.  It was a crazy year - I've only blogged about some of it here - but there has been so much much more...the good, the bad, the ugly and yes, the absolutely wonderful...

Like I said, we are ready for 2013.

Vera is going to go to school!
Jonah loves being in the car pool lane!
Mommy is going to go back to the gym!
Mama is settled in at her new firm with her big client.
We are going to buy some furniture for the house.

We are also going to start the first days of the year on vacation!  That is the best news yet.

So this is my last post for a while.  I will be back after the new year.

Stay safe, keep warm, look for the light, remember to breathe, hug and kiss the ones you love when you can and take care of yourself and those around you - Happy New Year Everyone!
















1 comment:

  1. Your M/W schedule sounds glorious! It'll be perfect for all three of you!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete