About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Eighth Night: And then there were toys...

It was my tradition growing up to get one big real toy present on the eighth night of Chanukah  I was never that much into toys as a kid... and truth be told I am not so into toys now - even though I have kids... (if you haven't noticed I am into adventuring and doing and making stuff... when 
I was a kid and now).  My kids though - they are really into toys and so is Jocelyn!

So we thought about it...

Eighth night was going to be just the four us and the big toys!

We decided to get Vera a doll house - it may be a little advanced for her - but I think she is going to grow into it - and she has sort have gotten a bit short changed on getting toys - being the second child and all - most of her toys are just Jonah's old toys.  Hence, she LOVES trucks, trains and cars!  But she also loves dolls!

We decided to get Jonah a toy garage.  At Nana Camp there is an old school fisher price garage from when my brother was a kid... JONAH LOVES IT!

I researched the toy doll house and garage for days... (seriously I am that crazy...)  I decided to buy the Plan Toys dollhouse and garage.  It is supposed to be this eco-friendly responsible toy company and received very good reviews on the Internet.  We went with the Green Dollhouse with Furniture and the  Parking Garage.   We also bought the Ethnic Family Dolls (and they kinda look just like us!)

I bought them off amazon.com on cyber Monday and got a good deal.  They arrived in flat boxes... clearly I had to put them together - which I did late Friday night...

They were easy enough to put together and looked great.  The little family is adorable.

We put them under big table cloths in the living room and lit the candles on Saturday night.  The kids were super excited about the gifts.  Within 5 seconds Jonah was playing with the house and Vera was playing with the garage!?!?!?!

Jonah & Vera make me laugh ALL THE TIME!

The both like both of them.  Jonah loves playing with the dolls in the house and the garage... Vera loves putting the cars in the garage and the house.  There is often a bit fighting when the play - they are figuring out how to negotiate with each other and the toys... it is quite funny.

We also bagged up a ton of toys from all over the house to give away "to kids who don't have toys" - Jonah was sad to let go of some toys but he told me "everyone should have some toys mommy - so it is OK..." and then said Awwww Mannnn.... as he does all the time these days.  Vera just told me "ok mommy, I love you."  She is too much my Vera!

We still have a few more Chanukah-y posts left... even thought I've covered the eight days... now I have to run to the post office to mail my damn Chanukah cards even though Chanukah is already over!!!!

Happy Hump Day Everyone!













No comments:

Post a Comment