About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Not too cool for school - yet!

Vera had her first day of school yesterday.  As in drop off, mommy leaves school. 

It was a grey and rainy day out but...

She looked great!

She did great!

She is the greatest little girl a mommy could ever ask for!

I just love her sooo much!

She was super excited to have her own "backpack" and yes, she sings the Dora backpack song as she runs around with it...

We dropped Jonah off at school and then we drove to her school.

During the drive we were singing our "going to school" song and she was very very excited!

We got there and she was a bit worried about me leaving.  We played for a bit and then it was clean up time and circle time... Vera knows all the words to the "clean up" song and loves cleaning up.  The teacher and I decided that was my cue to leave... Vera also understands everything people say so she totally knew I was going to leave.  Her lips quivered and her eyes teared up - I gave her a huge hug and told her I loved her very much and that I was so proud of her that she was a big girl just like Jonah and she was at her school - and that mommy always comes back!  She looked at me and said "big girl"  - her teacher picked up her and Vera gave her a big hug and said"bye bye" to me and I walked out!  I watched for a bit through the window and she was happily sitting in her teacher's lap.  I spent the next 60 minutes at Barnes & Noble paying bills... When I returned to her school she was in the gym, running, playing and laughing and then sat in her teacher's lap for goodbye circle time! 

Her teacher said she did great.  Except for the fact she had her pacifier the whole time and I think she got the teacher to pick her up a lot - my baby girl is quite the school girl!  (We are working on the pacifier thing...)

Truth is my baby girl is not such baby any more... not sure how the second day will go... but I may be the one with the tears in my eyes this time... they grow up so damn fast!

Happy Tuesday!






No comments:

Post a Comment