About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yogi & Me

Vera and I started "Toddler Yoga" yesterday at Circle Yoga.  We love Circle Yoga.  It is the yoga studio right up the street.  It is where I go to my Monday night Mindfulness Meditation sangha group and where Jocelyn and I have taken and are currently taking a Mindfulness class on Wednesdays.

This year, I learned about Mindfulness and it has made a huge difference in my life.  I am thankful for the yoga studio and the wonderful people there.  I really believe we end up finding the things we need when we need them... becoming part of Circle Yoga's community is one thing that I know was meant to be...

I was so excited to take Vera there yesterday!  Vera and I had done baby yoga when she was a baby back when we lived in Dupont Circle and we loved it.  She was clearly a "budding yogi" then (they use that term at the Circle Yoga studio...).  I was hoping she would still be into it now.  And she did not disappoint me!  SHE LOVED IT!!!!! 

So I am not sure if it is just because she is my kid or because she really is super awesome... and I guess I will never know but she was a natural yogi! She did everything.  She completely participated.  She became best friends with the teacher.  She decided she would be the teacher's helper and whenever the teacher got up to get some props, Vera toddled over with her and said, "me too, help..."  (as in I am going to help you.)  She loved doing the poses and the little exercises.  She did it all! 

Her only problem was that she wanted to do everything FIRST!  And didn't really want to wait her turn... but she was totally focused and totally into it.  She was saying things like "Yoga Yeahhh!  I did it!" Have I mentioned how in love with my Vera I am?!?!

After class, we stopped for croissants, went to the post office and then the bank, all in our little neighborhood, walking in the rain in the stroller.  It was kaleidoscopey and perfect. Then, Vera was exhausted.

She kept asking for Jonah, and eventually it was time to pick him up from school.  It was a totally fun morning - my little yogi & me... I am so excited for this class. 

Next semester after Vera turns two, my plan is to take Vera and Jonah to the mixed 2-4 yr old class!  I just can not wait!

We were only allowed to take picture at the beginning of class, so there are only 2 but she was adorable the whole time!

This photo is from the Internet and is from Cirle Yoga - I did not take it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment