About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Labor Day Love

This past Labor Day, before we drove home from Nana Camp, we made a detour and drove to my best friend's house in New York suburbs.  She has three awesome kids (that happen to also have red hair).  My kids love her kids (even though none of them are remotely the same age).  We spent Passover this past year with them and had a blast.  Then this past Memorial Day we hung with her brood at the Jersey Shore.  I needed a little best friend time after my "not so august August" - so we went for it.

The drive there was fine - a little less than 2 hours.  We got there before she made it back from the Jersey Shore. Oh yeah, did I mention she cut her vacay a day short just so she could meet me at her house.  This is what is called true friendship.  I keep thinking of the Girl Scout song about friends... "Make New Friends But Keep the Old,  One is Silver and the Other Gold..."  I think there is more to it than that - but this friend - she is pure Gold... the irreplaceable kind.

We spent the whole day together just hanging out.  We went to the playground (where we both got parking tickets?!?!).  We played in the backyard.  We ordered in Chinese food for dinner.  The kids played Wii dance games (my kids have never played Wii but they LOVED this dance off game!!!).  We just all hung around.  No pretensions, no judgements, no expectations - just pure acceptance - that is golden. 

I met my buddy a long time ago, on a plane going to Israel.  We've been through a lot these past 22 years.  Most of the time we have been there for each other - at least I hope so.  I know sometimes I have not, but I have tried to make up for it.  We been through deaths, births, weddings, sickness, health, happiness and tears.  And now our kids are playing with each other (and laughing and dancing).  She is a friend that I know that I am lucky to have.  I am honored to be part of her life and hope that she knows how much my family just adores her family.  That village I am always talking about - she is in it - BIG TIME!

THANK YOU RED HEADED BUDDIES!   

We love you and miss you.













No comments:

Post a Comment