About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Although I woke up at 6am with both of my kids this morning, it still was a happy Mother's Day.

I had thought about writing a whole post about how two moms are better than one and how it is a little bit different when there are two moms on Mother's Day (for example, no dad to take the kids to buy presents... I know we could take the kids to get something for each other... blah blah blah...)  But then I was like, I am not going politicize Mother's Day... that's no fun!  We'll get to the whole same-sex couple raising kids soon enough.  Not today, I am too tired...

Back to my morning.  It was fantastic.  Why?  Because we had an impromptu Morning with Madonna sing and dance fest in our living room (which is sort of like a disco since it has no furniture but shiny wood floors!) - all because Mama got the Ipod up and running and turned it on.  All four of us.  It was completely the most amazing thing ever.  We listened to most of her Immaculate Conception album and literally danced and sung our hearts out.  I think I have mentioned it before, but I love Madonna.  So this was the best Mother's Day present.  Jonah & Vera were silly, happy, giggling, dancing & singing! I had so much fun with the family - I didn't have a minute to take any photos of the Madonnarama celebration!

After our music early morning party, we had brunch in our backyard with two of our closest friends (we call them Aunties).  They don't have kids and showed up with bagels, lox, and home grown organic strawberries!  How fantastic it is to have an awesome "Urban Family!"  Yeah Aunties!

It was a gorgeous morning and day.  The day continued with lots of outside time. The kids and me playing in the backyard and being silly.  Mama had to go to work to finish up some things.  Later, she brought us back pizza for dinner.

I am thankful for today.  It was good.

(even though Jonah had another formidable & amazing temper tantrum... I think he may be hitting his "sweet spot" with these...)

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!  I am so lucky to have an awesome Mom and Gradmom, as well as a fantastic MIL and Grandma-in-law.  Not to mention the wonderful sisters-in-law, who are both terrific moms! 

I hope I can be a better daughter (and daughter-in-law) now that I am a mother.

And thank you to all the moms who have been reading my posts (especially the commenters!).  This has been a new experience for me and I am learning a lot!

Here's to all the moms, who make us all look good and become better people.
Amen to that!


Happy Mothers' Day!

Thank you Aunties!








1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! Wish I'd been there! ;)
    Rachel Wilkinson

    ReplyDelete