About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

True Story: Tendonitis Tuesday with a little bit of Pinched Nerve too...

Didn't know it was going to be a ailment update week... did ya? but just got to keep kaleidoscoping along with life...

Yesterday afternoon, I started getting these crazy pains in my arms and my hands felt weirdly swollen and tingly.  I mean crazy hurting pains...

Went to doctor today.  She thinks it is because I "over exerted" myself (can moms actually over exert themselves...) with the party and cleanup-really?  All I can think is you got to be (insert expletive here) kidding me. 

I had so many other ideas for today (it is May Day for crying out loud).  But these ideas will need to wait for another day.  I am not supposed to be typing either. 

Totally unrelated event:  Last night I opened a package that I got a few days ago from a good friend.  She had been reading the blog and sent me this book, "Use Your Words - A Writing Guide For Mothers" by Kate Hopper. Today, I started reading it at the doctor's office.

Another totally unrelated event:  A different good friend, recently sent me an awesome email with some really helpful thoughts about the blog - intense, helpful, thoughtful and critical, but all superbly constructive thoughts.

Another totally unrelated event: Today is my 31st posting.  I did it every day for a month.  And it has been great. And I am proud of myself.  Only 11 more months to go!

Big Deep Thought:
So I am taking this all as a sign from the "mommy blogger goddess" to give me a free pass this week.  Today may be the last writing post for the next few days until my fingers can do the talking again.  As one of favorite bloggers often talks about - blogging (and writing) is about being honest even when it is difficult (Thank you http://mamaonetothree.com/ for the inspiration here).  So even though my rule was every day for a year, there may just be a photo for the next few days - or just a word - or nothing.  Going to try to heal up the arm and fingers, read the book, think about the email, get my A game back-that's what kaleidoscoping life is all about.

Going with the flow, making it work when it is not what you expected and NOT getting (too) angry about it-even though it does kinda suck.

See you as soon as I can!


here is a picture of my healthy hand from January.  We did a hand project for Martin Luther King Jr Day and used pictures of all of our hands...  Come on hands (arms)-don't fail me now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment