About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Just Playing Around...

Yes, if you read yesterday's post (see here)... I am still tired...

But I did manage to get up and run/walk for 30 minutes this morning at 6:30am... go me!

That's progress... I haven't done that in years... oiy!

What we do do all the time is go to play grounds... this is also quite a workout...

It is hot here in DC, was over 80 degrees and sunny today.  We did errands.  I was tired.

But last week, we made it to our local favorite playground at least four times.  We love it - Chevy Chase Playground (aka Livingston Playground)  It is at 4101 Livingston Street (41st and Livingston).  It has a ton of playgroundy things - climbing, walking, swinging, running, sliding, and even riding.  There always seem to be bikes/cars/push toys around for the playing.  My crew loves that.  And this week, I believe the water sprays are on.  When we were there last week, we were running around the spray park area and Jonah kept asking me, "when they are gonna make the water, mommy?  please?" He is going to be so happy when we go next and the water sprays are on!

It is always an adventure when we go to the playground the three of us -  Vera is trying to walk all around and now has this new thing that she screeches her head off unless she holds on to one of my fingers... and of course Jonah wants me at his side every second of every minute... makes for quite a mommy experience.  Last week during one visit, Jonah was wandering around one of the play structures and Vera pulled me in another direction.  I could see him the whole time, but he lost sight of me - oiy!  He was totally freaked out and started hysterically crying... I screamed his name - he ran to me and I asked him what was wrong.  He grabbed me tight and said - you lost me mommy, you lost me... that kid is so sensitive.  I explained to him I could see him the whole time and I did not lose him and that everything was ok.  Just then one of the little bikes opened up, he managed to get on it and then all was well with the world...

I think their favorite thing to do is to swing on the baby swing together.  They just giggle like little puppies... it is quite cute.

Maybe we'll go again tomorrow.  Or maybe the babysitter will take them.  Like, I said I am still tired...











the high heels sign just cracks me up... those were the days... when I wore heels during the day...




























time for lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment