About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Passover Perseverance...

We are back home from our whirlwind of adventures.  I am totally exhausted but the kids slept in the car and woke up in their beds and they were raring to go today.  Whoop Whoop... start kaleidoscoping some chaos mommy!  The kids were very happy to be back home... almost giddy.  This makes me happy.  They just love the new house.  I do too.

In addition to being tired, now I need to unpack all the packed up craziness from our adventuring... oiy vey.  That so did not happen today.  Kids didn't get out of pajamas until after lunch.  We only went outside in our backyard (kick it up for a new house with a back yard) and it was gorgeous out.  And of course because there are like zillion other things to do, we decided to properly decorate the kitchen for Passover... I mean we have a bunch of days left, why waste them.  I am thinking this got Jonah thinking too, because then later in the day he insisted on painting... so I made up a project that I had sort of thought about - kinda - sorta... We made these very "creative" seder plates and read a ton of Passover books.  The plates came out pretty good and for the first time Vera really enjoyed getting "painted" to make some hand and foot prints-I think we are gonna convert her into a project monster!  Our seder plate worked as follows:

  1. I drew a big circle on a piece of heavy paper
  2. Jonah made circle prints from little cups - six of them on each plate
  3. he glued Easter grass in one circle for parsley for each plate
  4. we did a green hand print for each kid
  5. we did a brown foot print for each kid
  6. then Jonah did a sponge paint color mix of red and yellow paint (turned into bright red orangey)
  7. then he did a sponge paint color mix of red and blue paint (turned into purple)
  8. then I cut out the green hand print for the lettuce
  9. and the brown foot print for the shank bone
  10. I cut a rectangle out of the orangey paint for a brick to symbolize the charoset/mortar
  11. and a triangle out of the purple paint for the bitter herbs
  12. Jonah glued everything into the circles and then we added a plastic egg from his Easter basket
VOILA, a pretty awesome seder plate made by the kids!

Jonah gave me a thumbs up.  We ordered in dinner and then did the bedtime routine.  Kids went to sleep.  All in all I give the day a very very tired thumbs up too...


breakfast in my chair in my kitchen!  awesome!

mommy I want to do art!! yeaahhh crayons!

we are both happy and well rested... watch out mom!

making a seder plate with circles and paint!  thumbs up mom!

whoop whoop, now the glue!

easter grass?  cool it looks like parsley!

paint is everywhere-just like I like it!


I am totally getting into this paint idea... it tickles my toes!


purple!

phase one drying during dinner

hand and foot prints...

serious artist assembling the final project




we are fully decorated!
Jonah goes right up to Mr. Pharaoh when he is on the floor and points his finger at him and screams. "LET MY PEOPLE GO!!" and then tackles him... and he is very frustrated that "King God Moses" is sill in the box...

No comments:

Post a Comment