About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Showing off with Shopping Carts!

So we started today off with an early morning trip to the our local grocery store in preparation for a morning play date with some friends we have not seen forever!  By local, I mean we can walk three blocks and there is a Safeway.  Not a fancy Safeway, but to me (as a stay-at-home mom) being able to walk to the grocery store is simply AWESOME!  I know, things/priorities have changed.  We've been to this Safeway a few times but I still don't have the "this is my store" feeling yet-it will come.  As soon as we walked in, Jonah spotted the "small" shopping carts!  He grabbed one and announced, "Mom! it is my size, exactly! Jonah sized!"  Vera and I agreed.  It turned out great, as I had to push Vera in the double stroller, so all the food went into Jonah's cart.  Complete success.  Funny how the little things often make life so much easier and better!

We got home and our play date was super fun!  And I was amused by how much the kids: Jonah, Vera, our play date (she was the same age as Jonah) loved pushing around our play shopping cart (which now often has a baby doll in it) and making stuff in the kitchen.  They are so funny, these toddlers with minds of their own.  All afternoon I kept thinking I want to play that Bare Naked Ladies song, "Shopping" (lyrics and song here) for the kids one day while they are playing in the kitchen.  I think they would love it.  I remember seeing BNL in concert years ago and during this song they had like 5 huge shopping carts racing around the stage... Jonah & Vera would have lost it!

Well you know that it's going to be alright...
When we go shopping...
It's always lalalalala...

Jonah was very happy and serious about his shopping responsibilities this morning.

Finally, Vera gets the shopping cart this afternoon, she always has to wait her turn!



No comments:

Post a Comment