About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Post Passover with Pete's aPizza Plus the Penguins... Priceless

Finally!  Amen!  Hallelujah!  Time to bite a slice, sip a brew and lick a scoop!  Good bye Passover, hello taste buds!  This year I was really the only in my household who held strict to the Passover restrictions and I was wanting my annual ceremonial Post-Passover Pizza Party!  And well my kids, you say party and then say, "yeeaaaahhh" and then ask when, where, what should they wear and if there will be cupcakes?

So in honor of tonight being the end of the first Passover in our new house, we decided we were going to order in from the recommended pizza place of choice in our new 'hood and have some fun!   But first we had to live the day. 

The day was pretty fun.  It was the first day that it was just the four of us, together, hanging out and doing a lot of nothing and not much of something... but I think we needed it.  The kids seemed delighted to just hang out inside and outside with both mommy and mama.  There was one outing to a store which was uneventful except for the fact Jonah decided to nap on the way home in the car.  The kid never naps???  So then when it was time for our pizza party- guess what?  Yep.  Jonah slept through it. 

That's ok, Vera thoroughly enjoyed it (every bite).  We thought overall that Pete's New Haven Style aPizza was ok to good.   I am kind of a pizza snob, and I liked the crust, but didn't love sauce.  It definitely was not my favorite New York Style pizza but then again it didn't claim to be.  This was New Haven style pizza-I don't really know what that is.   I did really like my salad and the pasta dish.  The pasta dish was baked with pasta, cheese and spinach and Vera gobbled that up too-yum!  I guess we would order again, but I think I may like the actual pizza from Flippin' Pizza and Homemade Pizza better - but the jury is still out.

Finally we woke Jonah up to eat dinner.  The guy was a little cranky but he negotiated a viewing of "Happy Feet Two" for him and Vera and then all was right with the world... the kid should go to the Middle East - he'd solve that problem in no time.

I must say, I give the move TWO THUMBS UP!  And I must admit, I did get choked up at the end (there were some tears-mine).  Jonah and Vera loved it (it was Jonah's second time seeing it) and even Mama liked it.  I have a feeling we may be buying the DVD and more viewings are in our future.  The baby penguins are super super cute, the story is unpredictable, it has a moral that teaches we can all change the world & it is ok to be different, and if I understood the storyline correctly - there are gay krill (Matt Damon and Brad Pitt) with a relationship arc in it?!?!  Talk about a progressive children's animated movie.  Like I said, I loved it.

don't even think about taking away my pizza!



No comments:

Post a Comment