About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Moments from Mt. Vernon...

I promised the photos from the Mt. Vernon adventure trip this past weekend.  Remember, we took these photos on old school disposable cameras and I had to have them  "developed" and put on a picture CD at CVS... how ghetto is that!?!?!  (see why here)

When I got them back, I was totally taken back to the old days when you got "negatives" with your photos (they included negatives in the CD envelopes...).  These pictures are horrible quality but I think they capture the moments from Sunday.  I do love photos.  All kinds.  I love taking photos - even though I am not particularly good at it.  These photos kinda take me back.  At first quick glance, it almost looks like they could be "old" photos - like 25 years old... but then you look again... and it is so 2012...   They are fun.  They are memories.  I love them.

Especially the one of the three of us.  (Some kind soul offered to take the shot) We look happy.  We were happy.  Me and my kids on a sunny day having an adventure.  That is just good stuff!

Enjoy!



old school!


is this the white house mommy? 


my budding photographer!





visiting the non-tour buildings...


Hello Mr Horse



Now this is fun!

Really fun!

my two adventurers!


and best friends!



a pretty good view!

Vera, look over there - it is boat!

HAPPY!

The doll house!





The animal button wall




The baby dolls!

The play animals!

1 comment:

  1. Love the shot of the three of you!!! We have to get more of those on our adventures. I didn't realize Mt. Vernon had such fun stuff for kids. See you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete