About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Yes we can!


If you know me, you know that the title to this blog post is not the Obama anthem... we were/are big Hillaryites over here.  

It is the answer to Bob the Builder's constant question, "Can we fix it?"

Jonah doesn't really watch Bob the Builder - but he knows the question and answer and sings it all the time.  He also apparently knows about Handy Manny - he may actually wake up in the middle night to watch TV, because we do watch TV but not THAT much TV... or maybe we do... who knows...

I had been wanting to start hanging all of our pictures in the house, but I knew the kids were not going to let me do it and be all over me so I kaleidoscoped up a plan.  I bought a few tool sets for them - see here, here, and here)  Two hard plastic sets each with a box and one soft tool belt with tools that Velcro onto it.  I was going to give the kids their tools and let them do their own "work" while I did mine.

It kinda worked.  I hung four pictures while Vera napped and I gave Jonah the tools.  I tried to do more later when the two of them were up, but that didn't work because I had to make sure they were not hammering or pliering each other so I couldn't be hanging pictures.  I'll do it a little at a time... when Vera naps and Jonah is in camp!

THEY LOVE THEIR TOOLS THOUGH! 

Jonah walks around with them singing the song to Bob the Builder and Handy Manny (and he talks to his tools just like Handy Manny...)  Vera hugs her soft hammer and likes to steal the hard plastic one and knock Jonah on the head with it...

Can't wait till they can actually fix something!

all the tools in one box...

Add caption



she's got on the belt!





No comments:

Post a Comment