About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Table for Three

Last Friday Jonah didn't have school - it was a teacher conference day. 

Jonah, Vera and I spent the week day morning playing in our playroom, playing at our local playground, shopping at the supermarket and then we went for lunch!?!?!

I mean the real kind of lunch - you walk into an eating establishment, sit down at a table, order food, wait for said food, eat food, pay for food and then leave...

I know... I know... Of course that is what I meant...

But I haven't taken my kids to lunch like that, by myself... in a really long time - like so long I can not remember...  my kids aren't the best restaurant kids... They are great at many things - sitting and behaving in restaurants - not really. (I know I should read that book about French kids or French parents and how well behaved their kids are --- I will do that after I read the sleep book I should read to get my kids to sleep through the night...) 

I don't know why I decided to celebrate last Friday with such a pre-Shabbot lunch - but I did - and you know what?  It was fun!  (I use that term loosely... but it was fun!)

We all had grilled cheese, french fries and a pickle.  We all shared a black and white milk shake. YUMMY!

Mission Lunch in Restaurant - SUCCESS

Where, you might ask, did such a spectacular kid friendly culinary experience take place?  The American City Diner - right down the street from us.

Jonah & Vera LOVE the train that circles around the dining room.  They also loved pushing the buttons on the music machine at the table.  They also loved playing with all the jelly packets and sugar packets... hey they are sometimes easily amused.

We even stopped to ride the race car and the horse in front of the diner!  Yes, I splurged and put money in the rides this time!

It was a good Friday afternoon date with my best buddies in the world.  My guess is that we will have many more such moments at the American City Diner in the years to come!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! & Shabbot Shalom!







No comments:

Post a Comment