About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cousins Conquer Carnegie...


After our (my) profound experience at Fallingwater on Friday (See my post here), we (I) decided to go to the standard kid friendly museum route on Saturday morning.  I had researched all the "places to go with kids" and decided we should go to the Carnegie Science Center - it was an easy choice - they had a miniature train village?!?! 

We met up with my brother's gang and arrived at the Carnegie Science Center 15 minutes before it opened!  Go me!

We had a plan (well, my brother & sister-in-law had a plan - they are good with stuff like that), all of us we visit the submarine first, then go to the train room and then probably split up... older kids going one place, younger kids going another.

The plan worked.  The submarine was very cool.  It was fun to see all the cousins completely taking over the submarine - submarines are weird spaces, tiny, complicated with tons of knobs and lights - super cool for kids!

There was a snack break and then onto the train exhibit. I was sure Jonah would LOVE it!  Well, he loved the one train outside the exhibit you could move back and forth on the track?!?! Vera loved the whole model train exhibit.  Jonah was sort of in a mood - but we got through it.  But it was clearly time for some hands-on stuff for the younger crew. 

My sister-in-law and I took the three youngest (Vera, Jonah and Cousin X (5)) to the Exploration Station Jr area - and it was a HUGE hit!  The ids got to run around, play with water, throw balls, put on a nature puppet show, plant vegetables and DO stuff!  These cousins did it all and had fun and they were very well behaved - except for the incident when Jonah after I told him not to one thousand times put his little train he had been carrying around into the "ball bucket" and cranked it up the ball bucket mountain... and then it was gone... Thankfully a kind soul rescued said train and returned it to us.

After the Exploration Station, we split up again.  I took my crew for lunch/snacks at the cafe.  That was uneventful - which is the way I like it.  Then we took a drive to the Pittsburgh airport to pick up Nana!  Kids fell asleep in the car and Nana arrived safe and sound! 

SUCCESSFUL MORNING - GOOD JOB PITTSBURGH (and us)!


 



Pittsburgh



















<>
this is my favorite shot - the boys are manning the canon/torpedos and the girls - I am pretty sure they are checking their undersea coordinates and fuel gages...


dancing cousins




snacking cousins







Vera found Fallingwater



Exploration Jr







Jonah put his train in there...










No comments:

Post a Comment