About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Cutie Pies!


This past Thursday night, we had a lot to do!  We needed to pack and get ready for our Pittsburgh adventure weekend.  I picked up my kaleidoscope and as always – it never fails.

I had no idea what to do for dinner and we hadn’t done much during the day as I was trying to pack in between doing everything else (although we did play with our Froebel Gift 1 ).  We do like pizza in our family – every which way.  Sometimes we make is from scratch – with Trader Joe’s whole wheat pizza dough, sauce and cheese – we love Trader Joe’s!  Sometimes we order in from one of our local joints.  Sometimes I pick it up from Homemade Pizza Company – they put it together and we bake it – we really like that pizza.  I always wanted to try the "Cutie Pie" kit from Homemade Pizza Company but never had the energy.  Thursday night I figured it was a good way to kick off our adventure weekend.

The Cutie Pie package includes: three 9 inch pizza doughs on circular parchment paper on circular cardboard individually wrapped in plastic wrap; enough sauce for three; enough cheese for three; three toppings for three small pizzas; and three chef hats and aprons.  It is basically a pizza kit for three individually sized pizzas.  The kit is $19.95. 

We picked it up and the kids were very excited to be pizza chefs!  Right before dinner while they were playing I set up the big table for our pizza party.  They thought it was all very funny.  They wore their hats and their aprons – and then they each made their own pizza with toppings. I made my own.  We popped them in the oven for 12 minutes.  While they were cooking we “colored” our own pizzas on the cardboard circles.

They came out looking delicious!   Jonah and Vera shared one small pizza – it was plenty for them. I ate my pizza and some salad (I also got one of their salads… they are yummy too!)  Mama scored when she got home very late from work – as there was one whole pizza waiting for her!  I think it ended up being a good deal.  Dinner for four at $28 plus it was an activity (the salad was approx $8).  And the pizzas are AWESOME!!!  They are really much better then when we make it from Trader Joe’s stuff.  The TJ pizzas are good, but a little bit doughy – plus I don’t have the right pizza stone to cook it on.  The Homemade Pizza cutie pie dough comes rolled out to the perfect thickness and in a perfect circle shape and on the parchment paper so the crust ends up being just the way I like it – that is essential being a native NYer pizza eater…

If you need a fun, yummy thing to do to spice up dinner in a not so crazy expensive way… that is super easy too – our gang totally recommends Homemade Pizza’s cutie package – or just grab one of their made pizzas that you bake - that is good too!  And we just learned – the Homemade Pizza by us delivers!  Whoop whoop!




my pizza chefs!




making pizza



coloring pizza






baking pizza


eating pizza



1 comment: