About Me

Washington, DC, United States
Heather Capell Bramble is mother of two kaleidoscoping kids, Jonah and Vera. She has a magical kaleidoscope, often in her back pocket, and it usually helps her turn her normally chaotic life into something beautiful. Her goal is to have as much fun and try to be as happy as they can while on the uncharted journey of motherhood. This means doing lots of arts and crafts, going on crazy adventures, and celebrating all kinds of holidays - and yes, trying to laugh along the way!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Putting on a show!

A while back we saw a puppet show at Glen Echo (see our post here).  I wasn't completely impressed by the show, but Vera liked it and Jonah was somewhat interested.

Toddlers are funny specimens though.  Ever since that puppet show, Jonah has been making puppets out of socks?!?! and putting on shows?!?!?

It started literally the day after the show.  Some mornings, when Vera is napping, Jonah comes up to my room with me - I fold the laundry and he "helps" - he loves to "help."  The day after the puppet show, he took all the socks and an oven mitt from the clean laundry and put on an entire show - he called it "Jonah's puppet show with shadows..." - he was making shadows on the wall with the "puppets" while jumping around on my bed.

Maybe it was a good puppet show after all?!?!  Since that time, every time we go up to my room to fold my laundry, Jonah gathers up all of Mama's socks and puts on a puppet show.  It happened again yesterday morning. The "sock puppet" shows are getting better and funnier?!?!

Sometimes the things you think aren't cool, end up inspiring a regular routine of creative playtime... too funny I tell ya!  On that note, I am revising my review on The Puppet Co. - you've inspired my little guy and that is cool by me! We'll have to try it again!

Puppets!  Shadows! Ta da!  (notice the prehaircut curls!)

hiding puppets

singing and dancing puppets

No comments:

Post a Comment